Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Grand Aunt's Visit

My grand aunt whom I have not seen since college gave us a surprise visit today. We received a phone call from her the day before that she will be coming over for my parents’ wedding anniversary so we really did not expect to see her sooner. Good thing that we had her room ready on the day she called that she will be coming over. Knowing how meticulous and particular she is when it comes to cleanliness and order, we made sure that her room in maintained everyday.


She was pleased with her room. We had it painted with her favorite color. We also changed the curtains with her favorite floral designs. She had been praising the window box which is blooming with her favorite flowers. She also loves the Tree Trunk Table Lamp. But she gave us a short lecture first about protecting Mother Nature and those who are patronizing products which are made from illegally cut trees is a sin against Mother Nature. I explained to her that no trees were harmed when they made the Tree Trunk Table Lamp. I told her that the table lamp is in fact made from ceramic and resin. I also explained that the table lamp looks like a real tree trunk because it was molded from a real tree and was painted to look like the real one. She was also please that the light bulb used in the table lamp is CFL or compact fluorescent lamp which is known to be an energy saving light.


This is going to be an interesting month for all of us with my grand aunt around. My grand aunt can be meticulous and strict and she can drive anyone crazy. But I know that her being meticulous and strict are all for the right reasons. I guess I am used to her since I stayed with her during my college years. I hope she could stay with us for good. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment