Thursday, May 9, 2013

Conquer Our Fears With Bedroom Wall Light




Being afraid is not something that we want to feel. However it is a feeling that we have no control over. Most of our fears are rooted to a terrifying childhood experience or a traumatic incident that left us almost emotionally handicapped for most of our life. There are times that we try to put on a brave face if we encounter a similar experience which triggers our fear. But most of the time we fail. There are times that we carry these fears in our sleep causing us to dream unpleasantly or to have nightmares. Some people are even afraid to fall asleep because their fears and distress manifest in their nightmares. Fortunately there are treatment or therapy that will help those who have recurring nightmares to live a normal life.


I have my share of nightmares too. I fear the night because it is the vampires' and other evil nocturnal beings' waking hours. It is the time that they hunt humans for food. I know that they are not true but because of the horror movies I watched as a child, I believed them. It was only until later that I realized how childish that was but then again, I cannot choose my dreams like the rest of us. However, out of a habit I always leave the bedroom wall light on before going to sleep. Partly, because I feel secure and comforted when it is on. But most importantly, leaving the lights on is convenient. It saves me from bumping into something or tripping on my way to get a drink of water or a trip to the bathroom which always leave ugly bruises. Moreover, it keeps the burglar away.

 

We have no control over our dreams and nightmares. However we can do something about the unpleasant experiences which cause these to happen. It may take some time to overcome such a traumatic experience but the most important thing is we are doing something about conquering the things that make us handicapped emotionally and psychologically.

No comments:

Post a Comment