Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Art of Making Ceramic Wall Sconces



The art of pottery making is something which I always wish to be knowledgeable about. However, unlike Mathematics, English or Science, it is something which can only be learned by years of practice and dedication. It also requires a lot of patience. And just like a famous saying goes, “art is caught, not taught”.  It is a gift which no one can ever steal. 


When I was little I used to feel envious of my best friend who is good in pottery making. She is not only intelligent but she is also very good in making something nice out of her hands. She paints and draws like a pro. I also know how to paint and draw but my work was never as good as hers. She also has a green thumb which means that she is very good in growing plants. Of all the plants I tried to grow, only a few barely survived. She also tried teaching me how to make a small clay pot but what is suppose to look like a clay pot appears like a small lump of clay shaped to look like a small box. The frustration was great and I know I should not feel envious of whatever gifts she has. It is a good thing we grew up and I began to accept whatever gifts I had. However, it is for that reason why I began collecting ceramic items from artsy ceramic interior wall sconces to flowering pots.

http://www.fabby.com/wall-sconce/modern-wall-sconces/contemporary-wall-sconces/9-ceramic-ribbon-sconce-w-contemporary-pattern.html

The ceramic pendant lights and sconces never fail to impress me. These lighting designs go well with any interior decoration. It gives any room in the house an elegant look especially the 9 inched Contemporary Ribbon Wall Sconces which adorn the hallway going to our bedroom upstairs. And of course the star themed ceramic wall lights and ceiling lights still bring a magical atmosphere not only in the bedroom of my niece but our bedrooms too.

No comments:

Post a Comment