Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Beautiful Ceramic Lamps Project

 

Dreams do come true sounds like a fairy tale to some of us. It is unrealistic, impossible and out of reach. Well, life is never a fairy tale. It is full of hardships and strife. However, if we dream, and work on it, then we can achieve many things. We can make our dreams come true by working on it.


Creating my own ceramic lamp has been my lifelong dream. Since time I can remember, I have always love anything ceramic. Our house is in fact full of decorations made of clay including the ceramic lamps which lights the interior and exterior of our home. I am fascinated with the intricate designs of these ceramic lamps. They are simply beautiful, clean and elegant to look at. I am fascinated that these ceramic pieces were molded and formed by human hands. I suppose this all started since I have seen my cousin mold his own coffee mug. I have been asking him to give me a crash course on ceramic making but it is not something that can be learned easily. Ceramic making is an art. It is a gift which only a few people has. But I believed that if my cousin possesses the genes of an artist there is a great possibility that I have too. I almost lost hope after failing several times in my ceramic lamp project. But after reading a lot of ceramic making books and watching several ceramic making clips online, finally, I was able to create a ceramic lamp. It may not look as refined and as beautiful as the ceramic lamps at home but this is a good start for me. A few more practices on how to create ceramic lamps then I might open a store on ceramic lamps and anything ceramic.


Fulfilling your dreams does not happen overtime. It is the reality of life that we should learn to accept. You need to invest a lot on your time and effort. It also takes a strong motivation to make your dreams happen. Otherwise, your dreams will remain as dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment