Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Garage Sale For the Kitchen Project


We have been wanting to have our house renovated. As what I have mentioned in my previous blog, it badly needs remodeling and repair. Unfortunately, because of my overspending, we are living on a very tight budget so we really can't afford to do the house repair and remodeling at the same time. But one of my aunts suggested that if could buy the materials for the project one at a time or every pay day, then it will not be so hard for us. She also promised to help in repainting, redecorating and the installation of the lighting fixtures of the kitchen and other parts of the house once it is done. She also promised to give us the Barnesville galvanized antique pendant light which she purchased online a few months ago.


We were listening to her with our mouths open. It is a huge project. It also promised a huge hole in our pockets. I was already thinking of selling some of my good stuffs especially those I have purchased online just to add more to the kitchen project. I was also thinking of taking more work loads but I am not sure if I can manage. But knowing my aunt, she will do anything to ensure that the job is done and should be done based on her schedule. I decided sell my stuffs instead.


I never enjoyed garage sale especially if I am hosting the garage sale. I do not like people touching my stuffs regardless if they are up for sale or not. But then again, I need to give up something for the kitchen and house project. The garage sale was a success though.I have a portion of the money meant for the renovation and repair. Surprisingly, I didn't feel so bad about selling my favorite things afterwards because I know that the money will be used for something much important. Amazingly, my room looks much better and cleaner now without the clutter of the unimportant things which I purchased from my excessive shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment